In today’s era of the internet, it is very common to hear news of computer systems getting hacked by online malware and viruses.
So let us ask you a question, have you also been affected by malware and ransomware?
Do you want to protect your computer system all the time?
If the answer is ‘yes’, then we got a piece of good news for you. In this blog, we are going to tell you about some of the best antivirus software for your business.
Table of Contents
What Is Antivirus Software?
A program designed to prevent, detect and remove malware infections on individual computing devices, networks, and IT systems is known as Antivirus Software.
If your system is infected, then these tiptoes of the software remove the threatening viruses from your computer. It would also prove to protect other kinds of malicious software. Some of them include keyloggers, browser hijackers, trojan horses, worms, rootkits spyware, adware, botnets, and ransomware.
How does Antivirus Software For PC Work?
To prevent the spread of malware viruses, your computers, and mobile devices would be scanned by the antivirus software as a part of its background checking process. Protection against antivirus software happens in real-time threat detection programs included in the anti-virus software.
Some of the basic functions performed by the anti-virus software include-
- Searching for known dangerous patterns in directories or particular files that indicate the existence of malicious malware;
- Enabling users to plan scans for automatic execution;
- Allowing users to start new scans whenever they choose; and
- Removing any harmful software that it finds. While some antivirus software programs alert users to viruses and prompt them to remove the files, certain antivirus software programs carry out this task automatically in the background.
Examples Of Antivirus Software
Windows Antivirus Software
The majority of antivirus software providers provide a range of Windows 10 solutions at various pricing ranges, starting with free versions that only provide the most basic security.
Free antivirus software for Windows 10 often does not offer protection against links to dangerous websites or harmful attachments in emails, and users must initiate scans and updates manually.
Ad blockers, file encryption, and safe online storage are frequently included in endpoint security toolkits in premium antivirus software. Since 2004, Microsoft has included free antivirus software, typically known as Windows Defender, as a component of the Windows 10 operating system itself.
macOS Antivirus Software
Although there are infections for macOS, they are less prevalent than viruses for Windows, hence antivirus software for macOS is less standardized than software for Windows.
Several free and commercial applications offer on-demand capabilities to defend against potential malware threats by running full-system malware scans and having the option to filter through particular email threads, attachments, and different online activist activities
Android Antivirus Software
The most used mobile OS in the world, Android is present on more mobile devices than any other OS. Experts advise all owners of Android smartphones to install antivirus software on their devices since the majority of mobile malware targets Android.
The basic free and premium versions of the antivirus software for Android that vendors sell include anti-theft and remote finding capabilities. Others actively work to prevent harmful web site being accessed or downloaded while others do automatic scans.
Top 5 Antivirus Software For Businesses in 2022
1. Avast Business Antivirus
Next-generation antivirus (NGAV) software and patch management are combined by Avast Business Endpoint Protection to detect and eliminate malware while also securing vulnerabilities. The Business Hub allows IT access to detailed data and real-time insight over all of the network’s devices, highlighting any possible security risks. Machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) employ behavioral cues to recognize both known and unidentified dangers. Furthermore, IT may swiftly fix technical difficulties by remotely accessing a user’s device through a simple remote control.
There are options for both smaller and bigger enterprises, as well as managed services providers, and there are three price categories for small businesses that comprise between 11 and 100 people (MSPs).
- Patch management help through phone, email, and chat every day
- server security
- seven levels of malware defense
- Analysis by the cloud threat lab
- central control panel
- The system alerts IT whenever it finds a threat.
- It has good threat detection skills.
- Simple to control.
- Installation could be laborious and slow.
- Requires a lot of resources.
2. Bitdefender Gravityzone Business Security
Software with machine learning for resource-efficient virus prevention is available from Bitdefender Gravityzone Business Security. IT receives a single management console where they may monitor security incidents and manage any associated manual tasks. Real-time file backups are provided by ransomware mitigation technology so that businesses won’t have to pay the ransom to access their data. Additionally, network-based security prevents lateral network movement and brute force attacks.
The number of devices that businesses want to safeguard and the duration of the contract they want to sign will determine the price of Gravityzone. For corporations that wish to safeguard more than 100 devices, there is unique pricing available, and longer contracts will result in greater reductions.
- remotely installed
- Machine learning in the local and cloud
- Email encryption
- Integration of SIEM
- Risk assessment
- Complete disk encryption
- Easily navigable and user-friendly.
- Good ratings in the majority of third-party security tests.
- Helps identify infrastructure problems in a firm.
- Sometimes, the cloud dashboard updates slowly.
- Limited third-party integrations were cited as a complaint by several users.
3. Trend Micro’s Office Scan
To plug security holes in a company’s network, Trend Micro’s OfficeScan delivers endpoint protection with NGAV and machine learning. There is an add-on for virtualized endpoint security, and it protects physical endpoints such as Windows PCs and servers, Mac computers, point-of-sale (POS) systems, and ATMs. To identify unknown threats, it uses behavioral analysis and sandboxing, as well as online reputation checks to banning harmful websites.
The Trend Micro website does not provide prices, so enterprises interested in learning more will need to get in touch with them.
- Artificial intelligence and behavioral analysis
- prevention of data loss (DLP)
- Sandboxing: preventing exploits
- Cloud or an on-premises deployment
- Checking whitelists
- Simple to use and administer
- Quest processes are stopped through behavioral analysis
- doesn’t need a lot of CPU power
- Occasionally, computers might be sluggish when running the scan
- The user interface might be more welcoming.
4. Panda Endpoint Protection Plus
Now a component of WatchGuard, Panda Endpoint Protection Plus provides virus protection against both known and new threats, such as phishing and ransomware. It enables automated analysis of these systems and includes Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, and virtual environments. The program shields users from harmful websites and bot assaults using web filtering.
The number of users that enterprises wish to cover and the term of the license both affect the price of Panda Endpoint Protection Plus. There are add-on solutions like encryption and patch management that enterprises may add as needed, and licenses are available for one- and three-year terms.
- Behavior evaluation
- defense against phishing, web traffic filtering
- Support for Windows, Linux, macOS, and Android
- Control of centralized devices
- File quarantine
- Decent detection precision.
- Easy to deploy and utilize.
- Pleasant user interface.
- It could take some time to configure each organization appropriately.
- Is occasionally resource-intensive and slows down devices.
5. AVG Antivirus Edition
The AVG Antivirus Business Edition provides defense against viruses, ransomware, and harmful websites. Business organizations are shielded from both known and unknowing threats with the use of protective AI and real-time detection. Additionally, the program offers firewall and identity protection. The File Server Security utility protects Windows files while the file shredder safely deletes data.
The number of devices that businesses wish to cover as well as the license’s duration affect pricing. One, two, and three years are the possible periods for licenses, and lengthier agreements will cost less overall. Additionally, there are certain discounts in pricing for safeguarding additional devices.
- Free phone and email assistance
- Identity protection for websites
- Remote entry
- Regular updates
- Ransomware Defense
- Doesn’t require a lot of resources.
- Installation and use are simple
- Affordable compared to comparable equipment, especially for smaller firms
- For companies with hundreds of devices, it could not be cost-effective.
- Supports only Windows-based devices.
The last line of protection for your computer(s) and other devices is antivirus software. This implies that if all other security software fails, it may still shield your devices from dangers or at least lessen their impact.
It is important to get the right antivirus software installed and working on your systems. Unsure which software to use?
Let’s talk. WPG offers IT consulting services to help you choose, install and maintain the right antivirus software.