Are you frustrated due to various cyber attacks faced by your organization that hampers your workplace?
Are you trying to figure out about the solution for a better work model?
If you answered any of that questions as ‘Yes’, then we got a solution for you. In this article, we are going to talk about how cybersecurity is evolving to maintain the work model.
But before that let us discuss what cybersecurity is with some examples of cybersecurity companies.
Table of Contents
What is Cybersecurity?
Cybersecurity is the protection of internet-connected systems such as hardware, software, and data from cyber threats. The practice is used by individuals and enterprises to protect against unauthorized access to data centers and other computerized systems.
5 Best American Cybersecurity Companies Of 2022
Palo Alto Networks:
This company was founded in 2005. Its headquarter is in Santa Clara, California with annual revenue of Rs. 4.2 billion. It stands out as one of the most reliable Cyber Security providers, helping companies to reimagine their security out of typical parameters. It is a fantastic partner for companies that want to implement the cyber security model. It also helps to implement trustable policies in networks.
This company was founded in 2000. Its headquarter is in Sunnyvale, California with annual revenue of Rs. Rs. 2.6 billion. It’s currently growing at a healthy rate of 17%. Its customer satisfaction rate is very high and it has been lauded by analysts from all over the world too. Hence right now it’s one of the top cyber-security companies in the world.
This company was founded in 1984. Its headquarter is in San Jose, California with annual revenue of 49.7 billion. It has currently double-digit growth and considers cyber security as one of its strongest markets. It can also move into an adjacent market, among them cyber security.
This company was founded in 1911. Its headquarter is in Armonk, New York with annual revenue of Rs. 74.3 billion. It’s a cyber security business that is spread across various business lines such as software and services. It ranks nine out of top security product lists and remains popular with top analyst firms like Gartner.
This company was founded in 2002. Its headquarter is in Sunnyvale, California with annual revenue of Rs. 1.2 billion. It provides email protection, network sandboxing, security awareness training, cloud protection, and more. Its revenue is expected to grow by 15% to cross Rs. 1 billion mark this year.
Here Are The Top Five Biggest Cyber Attacks That Happened During The Pandemic:
This company was hit by ransomware twice in three months. This resulted in the year’s worst cyber attack. To protect itself, it decided to shut down a number of its important systems.
This popular hotel chain suffered a data breach during mid-January 2020. As a result personal information of more than 5.2 million guests was leaked. Some of the crucial information that was leaked includes contact details, information relating to customer loyalty accounts, passwords, PINS, IDs, etc.
On May 12, this healthcare insurance giant suffered a ransomware attack. The attacker got access to login, personal information, and tax information. More than 365,000 patients were impacted.
Several high-profile Twitter accounts were hijacked, because of a breach in July 2020 carried out by three attackers. The high-profile accounts include those of former president Barack Obama, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, and tesla and Space X CEO Elon Musk.
This company suffered a cyberattack on July 27, 2020, and as a result, there was a disruption of website functions, customer support, customer-facing applications, and company communications.
How The Cyber Security Model Is Evolving?
The cyber security business model continues to grow because of the increase in the dependency of businesses on information technology. Also, the number of crimes is getting shifted online as criminals nowadays attempt to make money, by stealing information and committing fraud.
In addition to that more and more, IT companies are becoming hybrid and there is a rapid increase in the number of services and data in the organization. These changes in the IT environment along with the fact that work from home has increased in the post-covid era are all contributing to increasing cyber-attacks.
This makes cyber security more important for business survival and to maintain the work model in large companies.
Two Main Organizational Trends For Cybersecurity Evolution:
- The first is the heightened role of the chief information security officer (CISO)
- Second is closer alignment and integration between business continuity and cyber security teams.
Top Three Reason For Shift In Perspective Of The IT And Cyber Security Industry:
- There is a need to consider cyber security first and foremost as a business enabler.
- Business needs IT, but IT without a cyber security maturity model is worthless because the business risk is very high.
- Security should never betray the business processes and initiatives by applying the needed controls and safeguards in a very smooth way.
Top Two Reasons For The Cyber Security Model Being The Main Factor In The Technology Investment Decisions Of End-User Organizations:
- The cyber security business will be among the industry sectors to be least affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The cyber security business is going to benefit from organizations’ increased need to secure remote and mobile workforces as well as secure cloud and hybrid IT environments due to the increased adoption of cloud-based services.
Top Ten Recommended Precautions To Be Taken While Considering Cyber Security For A Business In Terms Of Future Investment:
- Find out the required technologies for cyber security, and determine their functions
- Determine the capabilities of the security and fill the required gaps.
- Apply a planned approach to the cyber security maturity model to support the business to meet current and future security needs daily.
- Address the risk of cyber-attacks based on their potential impact on your business.
- Identify gaps in your existing security tools and eliminate those which has become obsolete.
- Use the cyber security model to extend your focus from prevention and protection to detection, response, and, most importantly, recovery to restore critical systems as quickly as possible.
- Conduct regular identity verification to stop credential abuse and lateral movement by attackers.
- Evaluate AI-enhanced tools for decision support, cyber threat intelligence, anomaly detection, threat analysis, and automated responses to help address skills shortages by augmenting teams and improving efficiencies.
- Ensure you have the tools to analyze incidents to identify any gaps or vulnerabilities that can be addressed to continually improve your cyber security defense.
- Prioritize investments in security intelligence platforms and integration of cyber security with business continuity management.
In a conclusion, we would like to say that just like any other technology, the cyber security model also needs to evolve daily to keep up with the increasing threats from online attackers to large corporations.
If this is done then big companies can provide better work models for their employees.