WPG is a privately-owned IT Support and IT Services business formed in 2014. Today we’re proud to boast a strong team of IT engineers who thrive on rolling up their sleeves and solving IT problems and meeting business needs. WPG’s managed voice client environments consist of a combination of Cisco Voice Telephony applications, like CUCM, CUC, CUAC, CUP, UCCX etc.
- Design, implement and support of the corporate network infrastructure. Key member of the team responsible for designing and developing scalable and highly available global network architectures to meet the firm’s business needs.
- Participate in the design, setup and configuration of complex L2/L3 switch Maintain, create and update all network documentation and topology diagrams.
- Configure and support multiple datacenters consisting of a Cisco Nexus LAN (L2/L3), ASR/ISR WAN, ASA firewalls, Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnects, Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and other miscellaneous network appliances.
- Research, evaluate, maintain and perform Cisco IOS/NX-OS code upgrades for a global network infrastructure.
- Fully support, manage and enhance a global Cisco VOIP infrastructure across multiple clusters with over 2000 endpoints.
- Leverage multiple network monitoring tools to analyze network traffic patterns to proactively identify performance issues and account for capacity planning.
- Work with multiple vendors routinely for support, procurement of new hardware, feature enhancement and design strategy when required.
- Responsible for managing, monitoring and maintaining a L3 private IP MPLS carrier network via BGP peering as well as a sophisticated private BGP WAN topology. Full ownership of all WAN CE routers, configurations, QoS policies and ensuring stability of the network 24/7.
- Support manage and maintain all ISP Internet connectivity for the firm from multiple carriers with multiple links in multiple locations.
- Support, manage and maintain network monitoring system for the firm’s global network. This includes network performance monitoring for WAN/LAN links, network nodes, alerting and response, network configuration management and compliance and IP address management.
- Support of the firm’s global wireless infrastructure made up of all Cisco thin AP’s and Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers.
- On a rotating basis, provide after hour coverage to respond to network related issues occurring either before or after support hours.
- When requested, attends IT meetings and scheduled teleconferences.
- Liaise between Firm management, sponsors, users and other IT personnel to communicate issues regarding overall operations status and strategy.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Opportunity to embrace the position, exposure to the latest technologies and growth potential.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of Network Infrastructure and security topology. IP telephony a plus
- Knowledge and/or experience configuring and supporting Cisco ASA firewalls. VPN, IPS/IDS and Palo Alto is a plus but not required.
- Experience with Cisco wireless technology and LAN controllers. Any prior experience Cisco ACS, Radius, TACACS, Prime or ISE.
- Network monitoring tools (Solarwinds, What’s Up Gold, Network General), SYSLOG servers, SNMP, Wireshark.
- Experience with Citrix Netscaler and/or F5 load balancers very desirable, web URL filtering is a plus but not required.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to conduct research into network issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as servers and network hardware that could be 50 lbs or greater.
- Experience with Cisco 4500, 3850, ASR/ISR routers and Nexus 7K/9K’s.
- Education: Bachelor Degree in IT
- 3-5 years’ experience with Cisco routers and switches. Proven hands-on network engineering experience.
- 5+ years related work experience preferably in a professional services environment.
- Experience with Cisco Nexus L2/L3 switching technology including VDC, VPC peering, Virtual port-channels and other feature sets. Experience performing NX-OS upgrades a plus.
- Protocols EIGRP, BGP,OSPF, HSRP, IPSEC, VPN, NAT, 802.1Q, 802.11, LACP, Spanning-tree, UDLD, BPDU, HTTP, HTTPS, DHCP, DNS.
- Cisco certifications in Routing, switching and/or Wireless a plus
Work Life at WPG
At WPG, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up that learn from each other. You are your own boss! We’re going to be upfront the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.